That anguished cry you heard echoing around around the internet? That was me (any maybe a few other bloggers too) who suddenly realized that crunch time is here and there’s an awful lot to get done before Christmas.
If I had it all together I’d have written this week’s blog post oh, maybe in October, and had it scheduled to go automatically. But I wasn’t nearly so clever. So this will be short. I know! A to-do list. I need one anyway.
- Bake the cookies that are mixed and chilling
- Mix and bake the other batch of cookies
- Package said cookies for sharing with family
- Wrap the presents
- Start (and finish) weaving a scarf
- Figure out what the heck I want to wear for festivities (it’s probably going to be in the 50s or 60s so maybe not the heavy wool sweater)
- Go to work 3 mornings this week
- Attend another party
- Push through a sock order (if the yarn finishes wandering around central Connecticut and actually arrives)
- [The mystery item, because I’m sure I’ve forgotten something at 7:45 am on 1/2 cup of coffee]
And, strangely, I’ll insist on eating and sleeping during this mad rush.
So, dear readers, if your life resembles the above, I commiserate. If you’ve got it all together and can just relax and sip eggnog, please don’t tell me, I might cry.
Happy Holidays! See you on the other side of it all.